About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vintage Flowers in Thread Crochet

Thread flower doilies are usually made with a white center crocheted in the round. The colorful flowers are crocheted separately. Flowers are attached with a joining row, sometimes in green. Some patterns, such as the pansy patterns, also call for a border around the edge of the flowers.




For traditional thread crochet and vintage goodness, please check my Etsy shop at www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. I love vintage craft and cookbooks.. that's a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of these and plan to post more pictures in the future. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Followers