From 1970, Coats and Clark's "Fashion News for Knit and Crochet" features patterns for jumpsuits, sweaters, dresses, hats, and more. The "knit cling jumpsuit" is very cool, and the crocheted dress and cloche would look great today. But what's with the vaguely creepy guy hovering in all the pictures?
For traditional thread crochet and vintage goodness, please check my Etsy shop at www.acadiancrochet.com. Thanks for looking!
- Acadian Crochet
- Houston and New Orleans
- Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- Ruffled Doilies from 1954
- 1950's Doilies
- Fashion News from 1970
- Pink Crochet Doily Duo
- Vintage Pansy Doilies for Spring
- Vintage Ephemera for the Analog Audiophile
- Vintage Flowers in Thread Crochet
- New Thread Crochet Doily in Progress
- Quick Tricks in Crochet From 1950
- Hand-Knits for the Liberated Woman
- Hand-Knits for the New Frontier
- ▼ April (11)