These two doilies were crocheted with quilting thread and a tiny 13/14 steel hook. The Lily of the Valley doily measures about six inches across. It would have been about 12 inches had I used a #7 hook and #10 crochet cotton.
If you like older thread crochet patterns, you'll notice most call for a hook size 11 or smaller, along with a finer thread.
If you like traditional thread crochet and fun vintage, please check my etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/acadiancrochet. Most items two to seven dollars. Make a cool person happy this Christmas!
- Acadian Crochet
- Houston and New Orleans
- Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .
Friday, December 4, 2009
- ► 2010 (65)
- Great Vintage from Acadian Crochet
- My Latest Etsy Sale
- If You Love Rotary Dial Telephones
- Arts and Crafts Style Table Runner on Etsy
- Fun Retro Crafting Books
- A Different Kind of Pansy Doily
- Mardi Gras Stars
- Crochet in the News
- Now on Twitter
- If You Love Classic Knitted Sweaters
- Child's Folk Art, My Latest Etsy Sale
- New Flickr Site
- Thread Crochet with Color
- Tiny Crochet with Sewing Thread
- Thread Crochet in Black
- Tea-Dyed Crocheted Doily
- Beautiful Vintage Jewelry at Acadian Crochet
- ▼ December (17)