About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Friday, December 4, 2009

Tiny Crochet with Sewing Thread

These two doilies were crocheted with quilting thread and a tiny 13/14 steel hook. The Lily of the Valley doily measures about six inches across. It would have been about 12 inches had I used a #7 hook and #10 crochet cotton.

___________________________________________

If you like older thread crochet patterns, you'll notice most call for a hook size 11 or smaller, along with a finer thread.

____________________________________________

If you like traditional thread crochet and fun vintage, please check my etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/acadiancrochet. Most items two to seven dollars. Make a cool person happy this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers