About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thread Crochet in Black


For a dramatic effect, try crocheting a traditional doily in black thread. This is the "Pineapples" pattern from Classic Doilies: Five Designs in Crochet, published by the American School of Needlework, 1992. I used bedspread weight cotton and a #6 steel hook. Measures about 21 inches across.
___________________________________________________________________
This is a challenging project in that the center is worked in the round, while the points on the edge are worked separately. I've also crocheted this doily in white, the color used in the pattern.
____________________________________________________________________
A Victorian doily in black would make a great gift for that unique person on your holiday list. I don't have this doily on etsy right now but I plan to make one soon that I'll put up for sale.
Please check my etsy shop for great gifts for cool people: www.etsy.com/shop/acadiancrochet.
Most items two to seven dollars. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers