About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Crochet



For a Sunday, here's Emblems and Church Laces, a Star crochet book from American Thread Company, probably dating from the 1950's. This book has patterns for large and small edgings to be used on altar cloths and other church decorations, featuring such religious motifs as crosses, chalices, angels, lilies, grapes, roses, and papyrus. There are also patterns for filet pieces with various emblems.


These pieces are worked with #30 crochet cotton and a #11 or #12 steel hook. Back page features other Star knitting and crochet books, which sold for ten cents apiece.











For traditional thread crochet and fun vintage, please check out my Etsy shop at www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers