About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gothic Lily Doily in Black Thread




Here's my latest project for Etsy, a Lily of the Valley doily in black thread. The pattern is from an American Thread Company book from the 1970's but I suspect the design is older than that, since I've seen it in other pieces. This doily is worked with bedspread cotton and a #7 steel hook, consisting of chains and triple crochets. The leaves are made by decreasing triple crochets and are topped by a triple crochet cluster. Flowers are made with a six-triple crochet cluster. It measures about 12 inches across.





For traditional thread crochet and vintage goodness, please check my Etsy shop at www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers