About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Friday, March 5, 2010

1947 Needlework for Children



These pictures are from the Childcraft child development series from the 1940's, focusing on progressive education. Volume 13 on art and music features a section on weaving and needlework for girls and boys, one of the components of Montessori and Waldorf educational systems.



Book also features a Navajo weaving song.



There's an emphasis on weaving as a way for children to improve coordination and develop artistic skill. Young weavers can use simple looms designed for children, or make their own.



For traditional thread crochet and unique vintage, please check my Etsy Shop at www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers