About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gothic Lily Doily in Black Thread



Gothic and dramatic, this black thread doily was crafted with #10 crochet cotton and a #7 steel hook, using a vintage lily flower pattern. This piece features a chain mesh with flowers and leaves in triple crochet. It measures 18 inches across.



In this photo it's a few rows away from the edge. It's made with chains, triple crochet, and triple crochet clusters. The edging is what's called a "rice stitch," three triple-crochet clusters with a chain loop atop triple crochets and double triple crochets.



This is the Lily-of-the-Valley pattern from the American Thread Company book "Doilies, Knitted-Crocheted and Tatted. It's from the 1970's but I suspect many of the patterns are much older. It's the first all-doily book I acquired as a young crocheter.



Perfect on a large or small table, lovely under your special treasures.
Now listed in my Etsy shop at www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Followers