About Me

My photo
Houston and New Orleans
Welcome! This blog is in support of my online shop, www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. I enjoy selling unique vintage finds, along with my own thread crochet. You'll find a variety of items in my online shop including doilies, motifs, and potholders from retro crochet patterns, along with nice vintage jewelry, old crafting books, and fun paper ephemera for crafts and collecting. .

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thread Crochet from 1952



This 1952 book is part of the Quick Tricks in Crochet series, published by The Spool Cotton Company, distributor of popular thread brands JP Coats, Clark's, and Red Heart. Book has an amazing series of patterns for thread items popular at the time, such as pot holders, hot plate mats, hats, and soap holders. There are also patterns for aprons, bibs, slippers, and other novelties.











For traditional thread crochet and vintage goodness, please check my Etsy shop at www.acadiancrochet.etsy.com. Midcentury housewares, lovely vintage jewelry, retro crafting books, and other unique items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers